The basic function of the operating table is to adjust the operating position, expose the operating field, and make the operation go smoothly. There are five types of commonly used surgical positions: prone position, supine position, inclined position, perineal position and sitting position.
1) The prone position is mainly suitable for spine surgery.
2) The supine position is suitable for general surgery, cardiothoracic surgery and other routine operations.
3) The tilted position is suitable for gallbladder, kidney and anorectal operations.
4) The perineal position is suitable for obstetrics and gynecology, urology and other operations.
5) The sitting position is suitable for neurosurgery, nasopharyngeal surgery, etc.