Here are operation instructions for oxygen concentrators：
:Be certain to place the unit where all sides are at least 30 cm away from walls, draperies, furniture, or other obstructions. Do not place the unit in a confined area.
:Do not turn on or off frequently. To restart the oxygen concentrator after turning off, no less than 5 minutes are necessary (namely, exhaust internal gas of the oxygen concentrator completely, for if air compressor turns on with pressure, its life will be shortened)
1. If used with a humidifier, unscrew the flask from the humidifier in clockwise direction, pour in proper distilled water or cold boiled water within the scale between the max line and the min line, then re-connect the top cover to the humidifier bottle, as shown in Figure 5 or Figure 6. The humidifier must comply with the general requirement of the 93/42/EEC European Directive as appropriate.
2. Connect the nasal oxygen canula to the humidifier outlet nozzle or to the concentrator outlet if a humidifier has not been prescribed. Then set the nasal oxygen cannula over patient’s ears, insert the nasal oxygen cannula into patient’s nostrils to absorb oxygen; The nasal oxygen canula should be limited to 20 meters long, in order to ensure that the oxygen flow rate remains within specification values. The best absorbing time for health care keeps 40-50 minutes per time, absorbing time for medical treatment shall be followed doctor’s advice, as shown in Figure 7.
3. Insert the power plug plug into the electrical outlet of the correct voltage and frequency as defined in Technical Parameters, and the power connector connected with the
appliance inlet of the oxygen concentrator, then set the I/O power switch to the “I” position to turn the unit on, at the same time the P.O. lamp will light.
4.To set the flow of supplemental oxygen, turn the knob of oxygen flow meter switch left or right until the ball inside the flowmeter centers on the flow line number recommended oxygen absorbing flow. (Counterclockwise—on, clockwise—off).
3L: 10position flow value from 0.5 ~ 5L/min on flowmeter, The maximum recommended flow : 3L/min, and the scale line is red between 3L/min and 5L/min.
4L: 10position flow value from 0.5 ~ 5L/min on flowmeter as shown in figure 9. The maximum recommended flow: 4L/min.
5L: 10position flow value from 0.5 ~ 5L/min on flowmeter as shown in figure 9. The maximum recommended flow: 5L/min.
6L: 16position flow value from 0.5 ~ 8L/min on flowmeter. The maximum recommended flow: 6L/min.
8L: 16position flow value from 0.5 ~ 8L/min on flowmeter. The maximum recommended
10L: 10position flow value from 0.5 ~ 10L/min on flowmeter. The maximum recommended flow: 10L/min.
In compliance with the ISO8359 standard, the flow supplied is equal to the flow set on the flowmeter, accurate to within 10% or 200ml/min, whichever is the larger of the two
The variation of the maximum recommended flow does not exceed 10% of the indicated value when a back pressure of 7kPa is applied to the output of the device. The maximum outlet pressure is 70kPa
:It is very important to select only the prescribed level of oxygen. Change the flow selection only under the guidance of your physician.
5. When finished the absorbing, set the I/O power switch to the “O” position to turn off the unit, if there is discontinuous use, please unplug the power plug, as shown in Figure 10
6. If the patient needs timing oxygen absorbing, please adjust Timing buttons:
The two buttons are used for timing adjustment, and each press of the left button(△) will increase timing by 10min, the max timing is 40 hours. And each press of the right button(▽) will decrease timing by 10min. When the right button(▽) is pressed to reduce timing till “0”, the oxygen concentrator will turn off automatically.
Atomization operation methods (for optional)
The atomization function of the concentrator is applicable to help to cure the sufferers of chronic pulmonary tuberculosis and respiratory system, etc.
:Atomization treatment must be under advice and suggestion of your physician.
:Using distilled water to do the atomization for several seconds after each operation may lighten the crystallization caused by medical solution.
:If atomizing cannot work then open the cover of the bottle and add clean water in small amount. Rotate the white ball which lies in the bottle with the gas resource connected and select the proper angle to gain a better atomization.
a. Open the cover of medical cup, and add atomization remedy that needed, then close the cover.
b. Connect the joint of atomization nozzle (or mask) with the cover of medical cup, and then connect the other end of atomizer connection tube with the atomization outlet and turn on atomizer.
c. Turn on the power of oxygen concentrator, and shut up flow meter, then it is ready for atomization treatment.
d. Do clean the atomization devices followed by the instructions of the atomization devices.
USE OF PULSE OXIMETER (for optional)
a. Insert the pulse oximeter probe joint to the pulse oximeter connector on the oxygen concentrator. (See Figure 11), and the LCD will show the Figure 12.
b. Put the finger completely into the pulse oximeter
c. The SPO2(measuring range: 35%~100%; accuracy: 70% to 100% ±2 digits) and Pulse Rate (measuring range: 30bpm~240bpm; accuracy: ±2bpm or±2%) reading will display on the screen in few seconds. (See Figure 13)
Figure 12 Figure 13